These banana balls are no-bake and simple to prepare. The oats and cinnamon give a delicious banana bread taste.
MAKES: 25 BALLS
- Place the cashew nuts into a food processer and pulse until it turns to a grainy paste.
- Add the rolled oats and pulse again for a few seconds to break up the oats. Add the bananas, and pulse again until fully combined.
- Stir in the ground almonds, then add the chocolate chips, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir again until combined. You should have a thick, sticky paste that can be rolled into balls. If the mixture is too loose, stir in an extra spoonful of oats.
- Place the shredded coconut and chia seeds into a shallow bowl and mix. The chia seeds will sink to the bottom, which is ﬁne.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into your hand, then roll into a ball. Roll around in the coconut mixture, pressing down a little so the coconut sticks and a few chia seeds also stick. Place on a plate or tray.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used. Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature. The banana balls should keep for 2-3 days.